The need to promote a scientific event allowing recent optometry graduates and last-year students to become protagonists is the reason that has led the academic and profesional institutions involved in SIYO to organize the
“6th International Online Symposium of Young Optometrists (SIYO 2022)”.
The symposium is addressed to young optometrists who are beginning clinical and research work, as a showcase of their new ideas, original reasearch and revisión work in different Optometry and Vision Science areas. The symposium’s official languages are Spanish and English. We encourage you to submit a paper to SIYO 2022, to be held online this year for November the 14th to November the 28th. Contributions may be delivered as Oral Presentations (video) or as Posters.
Contributions may include the following topics:
- Intraocular Lenses and Refractive Surgery
- Visual Processing and Perception
- Pediatric Optometry and Binocular Vision
- Visual Therapy, Rehabilitation, Training and Low Vision
- Special Populations
- Optics and Optical Instruments
- Contact lens
- Anterior Segment
- Innovation in Education
- Other Optometric topics
Abstract and Communication Formats
Both the abstract and the final communication should be made in English and include the following items:
- Introduction: Brief summary of the state of the art, theoretical or practical relevance of the subject, aim and hypothesis.
- Methodology: Description of the procedures and instruments used, detailed enough to allow the reader to understand how the work was carried out.
- Results: Description of the data more directly related to the paper’s main objective, illustrated with clear and simple tables, figures and photos, when necessary, to allow the reader to understand the implications of the work.
- Discussion: Interpretation of the results, comparison with the relevant literature, analysis of the work’s limitations, including the relevant bibliographical references.
- Conclusiones: The more relevant results, recommendations, suggestions, etc..
- References, in Vancouver style.
Try to be brief and use short sentences to describe the main points of your work and as clearly and simply as possible. Contributions cannot directly advertise or promote commercial products or companies.
- First author of any type of communication presented to the Congress must demonstrate, by means of the corresponding certificate, that they are currently studying for a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate (registration document), or that they completed their studies in the last five years (Title document with an end date between 2017-2022). Communications in which the first author does not meet any of these two requirements will not be accepted.
- Download and fill the abstract template from the symposium website. This abstract template cannot be modified. Any abstract received with another different format will be refused.
- Submit the abstract using the “Submission” page.
- If the work has been carried out under the direction of an academic tutor, his/her authorization is necessary. Download and fill the tutor authorization form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission dealine is September the 15th, 2022.
- Notification of acceptation/rejection and the referee’s comments, if any, shall be sent to the main author before October the 10th.
- Organizing and Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation modality suggested by the speaker (oral or poster) if they deem it appropriate.
- The final form of the paper for the symposium proceedings must be mailed to email@example.com before October the 20th,2022
- Both the oral presentations and the posters must be sent to the Organizing Committee before November the 1st, 2020.
- Missing any deadline would result in the rejection of the contribution.
- At least one of the authors must register in the symposium. The reduced fee for authors (15 euros in early registration, before October the 30th) applies to only one of the authors. After November the 1st, fee for authors will be 25 euros.
- Authors of accepted communications must submit the following material, in the dates indicated by the organizing committee:
a.- The paper in its full form, for inclusion in the proceedings in English and Spanish.
b.1.- Oral Presentations: Either a power point presentation (with audio) or a mp4 video file. The presentation may be also recorded using the symposium’s virtual classroom. Instructions will be sent to participants in time. Presentation must be in English or in Spanish with subtitles.
b.2.- Poster presentations, in pdf format (two DIN-A1 pages, 84.1×59.4 cm ), in English and with legible text and good quality images.
- Proceedings including the accepted publications will be published in electronic format with ISBN. To be included in this publication, at least one of the authors must be registered.
- Authors of accepted oral communications will be asked to sign an image rights clause.
Please, if you have any doubts contact SIYO’s Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.